I enjoy working on complex, large-scale and challenging projects which are of strategic importance to my clients. Examples of projects I have worked on include:
- Establishing a multi-jurisdictional, web-based, insurance intermediation programme.
- Advising an insurer in dealing with the Prudential Regulatory Authority (PRA) following the PRA’s request that regulatory conditions be imposed for the insurer to develop new underwriting operations.
- Handling high-value coverage issues on bespoke ‘special situations’ professional indemnity policies.
Other areas of my expertise include:
- M&A, and ‘Part VII’ and other portfolio transfers.
- Preparations for the implementation of the ‘Solvency II’ Directive, including board-level training.
- Formal and pre-emptive ‘skilled persons’ reports, including as to loss reserving and relationships within insurance business corporate groups, especially between UK branches or subsidiaries of non-EEA parent companies.
- Dealing with enforcement action, facing those who may have agreed to effect or mediate insurance contracts without knowledge of relevant regulatory rules, and advice as to the risks around dealing with ‘unlicensed’ insurers or intermediaries.