I specialise in defending all manner of claims including disciplinary and regulatory investigations against accountants, independent financial advisers, financial institutions and solicitors. I also advise on pure coverage disputes and professional minimum insurance terms.
I have particular expertise in resolving:
- Claims against accountants concerning audits (including of charities), Solicitors Accounts Rules inspections, tax and tax avoidance/mitigation, employee incentives, corporate advice and transactions, accounts work, trusteeships and attorneys and bankruptcies/liquidations.
- Claims against IFAs concerning a wide range of investments, including pensions, bonds, unregulated collective investment schemes, land banking, term assurance, tax mitigation, endowments and commercial property, as well as the responsibilities of principals and Appointed Representatives/Registered Individuals.
- Claims against solicitors concerning family proceedings (ancillary relief and children), contentious probate and failed litigation.
- Regulatory and disciplinary investigations against accountants, IFAs and financial institutions, and their interaction with related civil claims.
- Actions by the SFO and HMRC against professionals.
I have spoken at client seminars and at the IMC professional indemnity forum conference. I contribute to client newsletters and have briefed clients about the Institute of Chartered Accountants England and Wales’s professional indemnity insurance minimum terms.