I have been with DWF's corporate finance team since I qualified in 2007. I assisted in advising McGill's Bus Services Limited in connection with its acquisition of the passenger transport services of Arriva Scotland West Limited, representing all of the Arriva group's bus services in Scotland. Our advice included carrying out a diligence exercise in respect of the business and assets being acquired.
Cases I have advised or assisted with are:
- PLM Dollar Group Limited in connection with various corporate restructuring exercises and investment rounds. PLM Dollar Group Limited is a market leading on-shore helicopter provider in the UK, providing all aspects of helicopter charter.
- West Dunbartonshire Council on the creation of a leisure trust for delivery of its leisure services. We carried out a comprehensive due diligence exercise to identify the services and related assets to be transferred by the Council, and drafted and advised on the long-term services agreement with the new leisure trust to regulate use of those assets and the provision of leisure services within West Dunbartonshire. Our support included liaising with OSCR to obtain regulatory approval to the transfer.
- Royal Scottish Pipe Band Association in connection with its incorporation as a company limited by guarantee. Our advice included guidance on the new governance structure adopted by the new company, obtaining regulatory approval to the incorporation from OSCR and implementing the transfer of over 12,000 members from the association to the newly incorporated vehicle.
- Assisted in advising North Lanarkshire Leisure Limited on a wide variety of corporate and commercial issues and most recently on a Teckal compliant restructure. We also assist on an ongoing basis by providing company secretarial advice and specific advice in relation to charity law and regulation by OSCR.
- Maven Capital Partners UK LLP (then Aberdeen Asset Management) in connection with the investment and subsequent management buyout of Nessco Limited, a telecommunications provider for the oil and gas industry.