I also advise companies on hardware and software contracts, support them with corporate and technology-based transactions and specialise in eGovernment issues.
My expertise lies in identifying and advising on legal issues for new technologies, such as 3D printing, connected devices, intelligent internet, and wearables. I guide compliance at every stage of the product or service life cycle, from the early stages of development to market launch.
I have written various articles on subjects, including 3D printing technology and regulation in the telecommunications industry, such as "The digital estate – what happens to emails, De-mails and files in hosted storage after death?", as well as written books on "Electronic Signature and Electronic Signature Act” and "Leasing of a complete computer system”.
I was named 'Best Lawyer' in the field of intellectual property by Handelsblatt »
DWF Germany has founded a new association called „Innovation Network Cologne“. The association aims at connecting established companies with innovative startups of the world’s technological centers. Read more »
- Quality assurance in additive manufacturing processes, 3D fab+print, Issue 6, July/August 2016, Pages 25 – 28.
- Asset Deals – the sale of aging plants from the seller’s perspective, Managing Aging Plants Magazine, Vol. 2, Issue 4, July/August 2016, Pages 14-16.
- Brisch, Klaus / Müller-ter Jung, Marco, Autonomous Driving – Von Data Ownership über Blackbox bis zum Beweisrecht, CR 2016, 411-416
- Product Development Compliance – Sucess factor to ensure competitiveness, 3D fab+print, Issue 5, June 2016, Pages 20 – 23.
- Digitalization in industrial processes – (IT-) security of plants and legal requirements, Managing Aging Plants Magazine, Vol. 2, Issue 3, June 2016, Pages 14-16.
- Harmonization of the industrial lifecycle and software-support, Managing Aging Plants Magazine, Vol. 2, Issue 2, April 2016, Pages 14-16.
- Customer-specific 3D printing of products: Specifics regarding contractual performance obligations, 3D fab+print, Issue 4, April 2016, Pages 20 – 24.
- Predictive Maintenance and Management Compliance – Managing Aging Plants the Smart Way, Managing Aging Plants Magazine, Vol. 2, Iusse 1, February 2016, Pages 14-16.
- Legal Protection against imitation of products by means of 3D scanning and 3D printing, 3D fab+print, Issue 3, February 2016, Pages 22-26.
- Amazon ‘share’ feature ruled unlawful, Comment to the ruling of OLG Hamm, 9 July 2015, Ref.: I-4 U 59/15), E-Commerce Law Journal Reports, Vol. 16, Issue 01, February 26, 2016, Page 14
- Arrears of TK-customers – Lock vs. termination without notice, preclusion of the provider with respect to § 45k Abs. 2 TKG?, CR 2015, 81-86
- Ex-post-regulation of TK-markets by Bundesnetzagentur - Connivance of fees as an assumption of approval, A case for more legal certainty with respect to price clauses in network access T&Cs
- The digital estate – what happens to emails, De-mails and files in hosted storage after death? - Essay, CR 2013, 446-455
- "Commenting on the Electronic Signature and Electronic Signature Act, in: Hoeren / Sieber, Multimedia Law Handbook
- Leasing of a complete computer system in Redeker, Handbook of IT contracts
- IT Compliance, Euro Forum Publishing (6th Edition, 2006-2010)
- Electronic Commerce, Handbook of Telecommunications, German Economic Review, 2009
- Unified Communications - Legal stumbling blocks on the road to the single corporate communications, MMR 2009, 813
- Note to the judgment of the BGH 22.04.2009 (""Internet VCR""), MMR 2009, 620
- Note to the judgment of the BGH 10.12.2008 (""transfer of patient data"", CR 2009, 460
- Director Cologne Bar association
- German Federal Bar, data privacy law commission
- Member of the Cologne lawyers association (2000-2011)
- Commission ""Digital Signature"" for evaluating legislative procedures in the field of electronic information and telecommunications law
- Legal Working Group of the UN/CEFACT (United Nations Center for Trade Facilitation and Electronic Business)
- Pro-Bono Committee des International Trade Centre UNCTAD/WTO (ITC) on
- Model Contracts for SMEs
- European Society for eGovernment e.V.
- Working Committee "Digital town hall" of the German Association of Cities
- German Association of law and informatics
- Member of Rotary ( Köln-Kapitol, Germany)