I have acted in relation to large development and regeneration projects with particular emphasis on housing regeneration.
My clients include the Homes and Communities Agency, One NorthEast, London Development Agency, London Legacy Development Corporation and local authorities such as Stockton Borough Council, Sunderland Council and Northumberland Council. I also act for Northumberland Estates and other private investors, buying, selling and asset-managing investment properties.
I am part of DWF’s National Social Housing Team and act for registered providers of housing such as Places for People Group in relation to housing acquisitions and disposals including stock rationalisation projects.
Recent projects include:
- Places for People Group in the acquisition of 320 off-plan housing units for use in the private rented sector and a rolling programme of void unit auction sales.
- Stockton Borough Council in relation to their Swainby Road Housing Regeneration scheme.
- A large housing trust in the disposal of a shared ownership and shared equity portfolio to an investor.
- Darlington Borough Council on the development of land at Central Park as a Centre for Process Innovation.
- Northumberland Estates on various lettings, the disposal of investment properties Tyneside House and The Stamp Exchange and the sale of development land to housebuilders.
- Live Theatre in their acquisition, lettings and development of land at Quayside and Broad Chare Newcastle.
- Minel Group in their investment acquisition of Cathedral Buildings, Newcastle and sale of a development site in South Tyneside.