Over the years I have handled a range of injury claims and related matters for insurers and syndicates. I am particularly known for my straightforward approach to dealing with claims and for looking for early solutions for clients.
My expertise includes:
- Handling complex and large injury claims including £1m asthma claim and advice on policy liability.
- Claims handling involving fraud and exaggeration including screening and profiling with social media.
- Occupational disease claims including work related upper limb disorders, cancer, asbestos and noise-induced hearing loss claims.
- Claims arising out of diving operations and marine and energy operations. Claims for decompression illness and post-traumatic stress from diving.
- Coroner's Inquests and Health & Safety Executive matters. I acted for a social worker in an inquest 'scapegoating' matter and for a diving instructor in an inquest arising out of a fatality at a dive centre.
I provide training and strategic support to insurers and insureds on developing areas of law and speak at industry events.