I specialise in subrogated recoveries, examples of which include:
- Substantial fires caused by a range of defective appliances.
- Claims against builders and contractors in respect of defective workmanship.
- Significant escapes of water claims involving multi-tenure properties.
- Complex business interruption cases.
- Claims against third parties outside of the UK jurisdiction.
A valuable part of my experience was gained whilst seconded to the group legal department of a major composite insurer where I defended valuation claims against their property services arm.
I am particularly proud to have been involved in the reported property damage recovery case decided by the House of Lords, Transco Plc v Stockport Metropolitan Borough Council (scope of the rule in Rylands v Fletcher).