I am experienced in advising charities on various aspects of charity law having assisted both family charitable trusts and national charities.
My particular strengths include:
- Advising in relation to inheritance tax planning with particular reference to nil rate band discretionary trusts and transferable nil rate bands.
- Dealing with the administration of complex estates (estate administration), including under intestacy, with non-typical assets such as foreign property, private company shares and business property relieved assets.
- Advising private families in relation to the creation and running of family charitable trusts.
- Providing advice in relation to the winding up or variation of trust structures in relation to changes in the tax regime for discretionary and life interest trusts.
- Advising in relation to the variation of wills after the deceased’s death as to the use of deeds of variation and deeds of appointment.