I have acted for major corporations, financial entities, governments, trustees and prominent individuals, often in disputes involving several jurisdictions.
My recent experience includes:
- One of the largest arbitrations in the technology sector brought under the LCIA rules.
- International arbitrations under the ICC, LCIA, LMAA, SIAC and other rules in a variety of sectors.
- Challenges to arbitral awards, including successfully setting aside a £200m + award on grounds of serious irregularity.
- Defending a major claim brought by the UK Pensions Regulator arising out of M&A activity.
- Disputes arising out of supply of goods and services and payment terms in international trade.
- Contentious issues concerning failed and delayed projects and joint ventures.
- Disputes arising out of corporate activity and enforcing investor and shareholder rights.
- Actions to protect confidential information and intellectual property.
Many of my clients are international and I have represented parties from the USA, throughout Europe, Russia, Africa, the Middle East, Africa and Asia Paciffic.
I have been recommended in the Legal 500 since 2014 for commercial litigation expertise and banking disputes (retail and investment).
Chambers & Partners has said that Richard Twomey 'works extraordinarily hard and has no problem with the most complex legal analysis.'