I have substantial experience of all forms of dispute resolution, including adjudication and many different forms of Alternative Dispute Resolution, as well as more traditional litigation and arbitration. I also have significant experience of the resolution of claims pursuant to the various Pre-Action Protocols.
Recent instructions include:
- Advising and acting for a large multi-national firm of consulting engineers in relation to Wembley National Stadium.
- Acting for an international firm of M&E Engineers in relation to numerous claims arising from a substantial multi-site UK hospital refurbishment project (substantial adjudication).
- Advising excess layer professional indemnity insurers in relation to coverage issues arising from claims made against insured engineers in relation to an off-shore wind farm project.
- Advising architects in relation to delay claims arising from a project to refurbish a substantial commercial property in London’s West End.
- Advising Design & Construct contractors in relation to substantial claims of loss and delay arising from works carried out in dry dock overseas to refurbish the facilities of an oil drilling rig.
- Acted for consulting engineers in successful prosecution of fee recovery proceedings and defence of allegations of negligence and delay relating to a substantial residence. The engineers were awarded indemnity costs for the majority of the claim.
I also advise construction professionals on the terms of their appointments and collateral warranties.
I am a regular contributor to firm publications and also speak at seminars (most recently in relation to the Insurance Act 2015).
I am qualified to practice both in England and Wales and in New South Wales.