As well as defending a wide range of professionals faced with professional negligence claims, either in court or through mediation and dispute resolution, I also advise insurers on coverage issues including those relating to fraud and dishonesty.
The professionals I have defended include solicitors, barristers, accountants, IFAs, surveyors, valuers, engineers, architects, insurance brokers and IT project managers. I have a wide range of litigation experience in England and Wales and my reported cases include:
- Robert Irving Burns v Stone and others (meaning of claim made in Professional Indemnity Insurance Policy).
- T O'Donoghue v BM Harding and others (meaning of attended in Jewellers Block policy).
- Pryke v Gibbs Hartley Cooper (duties of Lloyds Broker and coverholders)
- Cavendish Funding v Henry Spencer and Sons (alleged overvaluation claim contributory negligence on the part of the lender).
- Halifax PLC v Curry Popeck and another (competing equitable interests and the Land Registration Act).
- MAES Finance Number 5 v Optima Legal Services (successful defence of claim by lender).
I have over 20 years’ experience of using various methods of Alternative Dispute Resolution.