My expertise includes advising on complex policy coverage issues, undertaking subrogated recovery actions and defending liability claims in respect of national and international risks.
I have a particular interest in property damage, business interruption, professional indemnity, public and products liability. I also have extensive experience in defending professional negligence claims against solicitors, accountants, insurance brokers, construction professionals, health and safety consultants and IFAs.
My recent cases have included:
- A coverage dispute under a general liability policy following a multi-million pound class action in the USA relating to breach of privacy.
- A multi-million pound subrogated recovery against parties responsible for fire at a distribution warehouse operated by insured.
- Defending solicitors in claims arising out of the 2008 credit crunch following the inability of clients to secure mortgage funding.
- Coverage advice/liability defence following claim against insured manufacturer arising out of installation of defective components into claimant’s industrial vehicles.
- Coverage advice/liability defence in respect of claim by care home operator against insured builder under a CAR policy.
- Liability defence in respect of claim by operator of sewage treatment works against insured company involved in servicing diesel engines.
- Subrogated recovery against company who serviced cooking range prior to fire at insured restaurant.
- Coverage advice/liability defence in respect of claim by tenant against insured property management company.
- Advising property insurers on coverage issues arising following fire at unoccupied commercial premises.