We know that our clients want legal expertise delivered in a way that meets their personal and commercial needs. This means thinking creatively about the way we help our clients to fund litigation and is why we have developed dwf fundlit »
Our approach is straightforward. We have an impressive track record of providing our clients with the full range of litigation funding solutions. Everything from the certainty provided by hourly rates and fixed fees through to sharing the risk with conditional fee agreements, damages-based agreements, third party funding and after-the-event insurance*. We work hard to make the process as effective, efficient and ultimately successful as possible.
Clients that have taken advantage of the benefits and choice afforded by fundlit range from individual private clients and entrepreneurs to multinational PLCs and insurers. All have obtained a commercial and litigation advantage from our innovative approach to litigation funding which applies to the entire range of our litigation services, from corporate and commercial disputes to inheritance, real estate and insolvency disputes.
What is dwf fundlit?
dwf fundlit at work
Recent cases where we have shared the risk with our clients by acting under a conditional fee agreement or damages based agreement include:
- Acting for a group of investors in relation to fraud claims totalling £25 million arising out of commercial property transactions.
- Acting for a US insurance company in a $10 million claim against a top 10 law firm arising out of the alleged negligent conduct of arbitration proceedings.
- Acting for a leading automotive event management and training company in a claim against a former consultant for the unlawful removal of confidential information, breach of contractual restrictions and the setting up of a competing multimillion pound turnover business.
- Acting for the off shore office of a global bank in a claim against a firm of surveyors and valuers.
- Acting for an agricultural land owner in relation to a claim arising out of an aborted commercial property transaction.
- Acting for a group of beneficiaries in relation to the alleged fraudulent transfer of assets from a family estate.
- Acting on behalf of executors in relation to a dispute concerning the administration of an estate.
How we have helped our clients
"DWF shared the risk to achieve a successful settlement of my claim."
"Without DWF’s innovative approach I was not in a financial position to pursue my claim."
"DWF offered funding options and the solution for my case."